I’ve had a lot of time to think lately, if only because it’s near the end of the month/quarter at work and that generally means that I have the fortune of having a fairly relaxed schedule. And what I realized is that I’ve got a LOT of writing plans this year. Among other things:
- I’m working on what you might call a gaslamp fantasy novel (it MIGHT become a series somewhere down the road); I’m plotting it out right now and wondering if I should start writing it now or wait for NaNoWriMo.
- I’m trying to improve my poetry, and (I am warning you right now) I’m contemplating participating in NaPoWriMo. It’s probably ill-advised that I try it, but I can try.
- At the same time, I’m tinkering with a short story idea for and end of the world anthology here in the Philippines. Basically involving a love story and a library.
- I realize I’m in way over my head, considering I have a day job (which I love so very much).
- At which point, I barely resist crying because I want to do EVERYTHING I PLANNED, on time.
With that done, I’ve re-prioritized my goals based on urgency (advice of my poetically-inclined friend P). So basically, I’m putting emphasis on that apocalypse story (because that one actually has a deadline) and celebrating NaPoWriMo by revising the one poem I posted so far in this blog. Save for the one or two last tweaks I’m doing in the plotting of the novel, which I can finish in about two hours, I’ll work on nothing but that one story and that one poem this April.
But enough about me. What are YOU guys working on right now? A poem? A short story? A novel? Are you writing within a genre or are you going for something more general?
And if you’re allowed to write that with any author or poet you want, who will it be? (I’d like to write poems with Sylvia Plath and short stories with Jim Butcher, in case you’re wondering.) I’d like to hear from you guys. 🙂