I need help.
I’ve been meaning to write my review of “Paper Planes Back Home” by Tara Frejas (which is an amazing book, by the way) and polish another chapter for my ongoing Wattpad stories.
Instead, I got myself buried in fluff.
I’ve been feeling so burned out that I find myself devoting my free time to either sleep or “non-essential” activities such as:
- catching up on/discovering TV shows (Forged in Fire is my newest favorite)
- finally buying/reading the “Blueberry Lane” series, “Kids These Days“, and “Janus Silang“
- knitting/crocheting mindlessly
Oh, and Facebook. The ultimate time sink, that.
Mind you, fluff isn’t always a bad thing. Sure, it’s not as respectable as actual productivity; but it also brings levity—the much-needed reprieve in an ironically stressful time of year. That said, it’s been getting in the way of things I know I need to do:
- writing book reviews (because more people need to read some of the books I’ve been reading lately), or working on my stories
- getting Christmas shopping done and finalizing plans for the family holiday
- making sure that I get all the important things done at work before
I stuff my face with Christmas and New Year foodgo on vacation
I’m trying to dig my way out of this fun house, but it’s so soft and warm and wonderful and ohgodwhyleavethisplaceagain?
Have any tips for me? Anyone?