Me? I’ll certainly try to get there.
There are so many reasons why I think going to Komiket will be awesome:
- Motzie Dapul is planning to sell her Beloved Engkato Horrors comic, which is an LGBT Philippine urban fantasy thing (I love her, seriously)
- Paperback copies of Tara Frejas‘ Paper Planes Back Home and The Forget You Brew will be available (I have fangirled over her writing before)
- Hell, a bunch of writerly folks I like will be there (check out the #romanceclass booth!)
- Plus, MORE indie work I haven’t seen before
- It’ll be held at a fairly accessible place, on a date covered by a long weekend I filed for, and the entrance fee is way cheaper than a movie ticket
The things getting in my way:
- The fact that I haven’t even finished my draft for Project Times
- The weird weather (been getting random asthma attacks over the last month or so)
- A sick kitty (my poor Babudook!)
- The TV show and book backlog I’ve been ignoring
- My own laziness (which is considerable and clearly genetic)
Unfortunately, I can neither confirm nor deny my presence at the Komikon at this point. But that doesn’t mean that YOU can’t enjoy yourself there.
So if you have the time (and the willpower), come check this event out!