Yes, I know. I didn’t post a poem last week. Most of you probably don’t care. But I do. I promised myself I’d publish poetry on this blog every week. It’s the principle of the thing.
HOWEVER, I also have to concede that I have very valid reasons for not doing anything on that front. Those reasons are as follows:
- The first half of that work week was pretty much dedicated to figuring out how to handle major changes at work
- The day prior to the scheduled poetry post was the Hearts for Sale launch, and I was exhausted
- I also forgot to drink extra water the day of the launch (I was too excited) and thus suffered from dehydration-induced migraines
- My stepdad came home from Manchester on the day the poem was supposed to be published
- I was worrying about the poetry lessons I was planning to send out to people (and it turns out I had every right to because I suck at MailChimp
These reasons are why, despite the failure I know missing that poetry post to be, I am making an effort to forgive myself. Because contrary to popular belief, lots of writers are super hard on themselves for slipping.
It’s also the reason why I’m planning on writing TWO poems this week, probably as results of an exercise I will be assigning to my Fun Poetry Fundamentals workshop.
Why do I keep doing this to myself? Ah, whatever.